[OSM-talk] Oxbridges of Konigsberg

Robert Vollmert rvollmert-lists at gmx.net
Thu Feb 12 12:37:01 GMT 2009

On Feb 12, 2009, at 12:06, Stephen Gower wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 10:47:10AM +0000, Andrew Chadwick (email
> lists) wrote:
>>>
>>> So, since the data for Oxford is pretty much there, is this a
>>> challenge any of the routing engines can help with?
>>
>> Not purely based on OSM data, you'll need OXPOINTS information for
>> the
>> lodge locations too.
>
> Given who the friend is, I suspect the reason for asking is that
> they want
> to improve the OXPOINTS data, which, if this is the case will also
> have the
> advantage that it won't have been derived from GoogleMaps like the
> current
> dataset is.
>
> But, can it be done?

I'm not sure this is documented or encouraged, thus I'm not sure the
URL will stay accessible, but

$ curl -d
'Start
=
-1.267,51.75034
&End
=
-1.260884,51.753598
&Via
=
&lang
=
de
&distunit
=
KM
&routepref=Bicycle&avoidAreas=&useTMC=&noMotorways=&instructions=true' http://data.giub.uni-bonn.de/openrouteservice/php/OpenLSRS_DetermineRoute.php
  | grep TotalTime

yields the time that ORS calculates for the bicycle route from Start
to End.

Do this for each pair of college locations, and you've got yourself a
complete graph you can solve traveling salesman for.

Cheers
Robert