[OSM-talk] OpenCycleMap

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 21:48:35 GMT 2009

2009/2/12 Ed Loach <ed at loach.me.uk>:
> I think something I have done recently has upset the rendering of national route 51 in the UK from Colchester to Harwich. In summary, after mapping much of Harwich and Dovercourt I was able to correct some of what was there, and fill in some gaps. I also added the icn relation for the North Sea Cycle Route, EV12, for the relevant ways, many of which are common to NCN 51. Could it be the two relations on a single way that are causing the problem?
>
> It's hard to tell exactly what the problem is - the changes I made last weekend to fill in a gap in a park don't show on the cycle map layer yet, and it may be that when they come through all will be OK again. But zooming in on Harwich I only get route 51 to show at a couple of zoom levels (I think 14 was one of them), and I've tried deleting the temporary internet files in case they're cached locally, but still it only shows sometimes so I think perhaps this is down to a server side tile cache.
>
> Anyway, I thought I'd mention it in case someone can tell me whether it is something I did or not so I don't do it again.

network=NCN doesn't work... the tags are read as case sensitive. Only
network=ncn will work (lower case).
I'm not sure who changed it, it might not have been you.

I've corrected the relation, so it should appear in next weeks re-render.

It still appears at some zooms because it takes a while for the cycle
map to rerender... it's actually managed to clear it up at all zoom
levels now. You might need to force a reload (hit the permalink, then
do Ctrl-F5).

Dave