[OSM-talk] "News blog" link - to blogs.openstreetmap.org?

Russ Nelson russ at cloudmade.com
Tue Feb 17 16:21:02 GMT 2009

On Feb 17, 2009, at 6:02 AM, 80n wrote:

> Steve, I don't normally write rhetorical questions, its not my usual
> writing style, so I'm sure you misread my post and responded
> impulsively.  But, perhaps you can provide some ideas or suggestions
> about how to make it clearer what each blog represents.

This seems like the essence of the discussion: some people seem
concerned that OSMF has no news outlet which represents only the
board's collective or individual voice, and SteveC seems concerned
that the board not lose the value of his work in promoting
Opengeodata.org.

I suggest that SteveC create, and the board use, an special user named
"OpenStreetMapFoundation", so that people will recognize that all OGD
blog entries from that user are official OSM announcements.  Does that
leave anyone unsatisfied?

--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson
russ at cloudmade.com - http://openstreetmap.org/user/RussNelson