[OSM-talk] Cycle Map layer

Matt Toups matthew at cloudmade.com
Tue Feb 17 22:56:33 GMT 2009

Dave Stubbs wrote:
> 2009/2/9 Ed Loach <ed at loach.me.uk>:
>
>> Where does the Cycle Map get it's coastlines from? I happened to notice that
>> some of the paths I mapped along the sea front near here, which required
>> some adjustment to the coastline, have let to Mapnik and Osmarender layers
>> having the revised coastline, but not the Cycle Map layer:
>>
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.93742&lon=1.28818&zoom=17&layers=00B0FTF
>>

>> Or does it just refresh those less frequently than the other information
>> portrayed?
>>

> Yes, it only updates when I prod it.
>
> Prodding it now... may take a while though.
>
> Dave

The coastlines for the cycle map in North America seem quite old, will
those also be updated?

I made many adjustments to the Mississippi River (and other bodies of
water) in New Orleans some months ago which are currently not showing on
the cycle layer.  (In fact, the other style layers on opencyclemap.org
-- CloudMade style, Mobile style, NoNames style -- also have out of date
coastlines.)

thanks,
Matt