[OSM-talk] Cycle Map layer

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 09:51:15 GMT 2009

2009/2/17 Matt Toups <matthew at cloudmade.com>:
> Dave Stubbs wrote:
>> 2009/2/9 Ed Loach <ed at loach.me.uk>:
>>
>>> Where does the Cycle Map get it's coastlines from? I happened to notice that
>>> some of the paths I mapped along the sea front near here, which required
>>> some adjustment to the coastline, have let to Mapnik and Osmarender layers
>>> having the revised coastline, but not the Cycle Map layer:
>>>
>>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.93742&lon=1.28818&zoom=17&layers=00B0FTF
>>>

>>> Or does it just refresh those less frequently than the other information
>>> portrayed?
>>>

>> Yes, it only updates when I prod it.
>>
>> Prodding it now... may take a while though.
>>
>> Dave
>>
> The coastlines for the cycle map in North America seem quite old, will
> those also be updated?
>
> I made many adjustments to the Mississippi River (and other bodies of
> water) in New Orleans some months ago which are currently not showing on
> the cycle layer.  (In fact, the other style layers on opencyclemap.org
> -- CloudMade style, Mobile style, NoNames style -- also have out of date
> coastlines.)

As of this morning coastlines on the cyclemap should now be
representative of the OSM data from about 2 weeks ago (I wasn't joking
when I said it might take a while :-) -- this is mostly me setting
something off then forgetting about it for a couple of days... then
andy prodding me again)

We don't update it in pieces, so the whole world gets updated.
It will take a while for the tiles to update completely though.

Dave