[OSM-talk] parcel data in OSM

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Feb 18 12:56:46 GMT 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:39:56PM -0800, Sam Vekemans wrote:
> Hi,
> ya, its certainly worth creating a tag proposal page for it.
> I would (imo) would like to see it only rendered when zooming in real close.

I would disagree that it should be rendered in the main maps at all.
Surveyor data is not interesting to a typical map user, and it is much
better suited for a specialized renderer, not for the general purpose
map browsing that is offered by the main OSM map.

> Some other renderer might want to see it at  a different zoom.
> When buying a house, you should know what land your getting :)

And you can do that through specizlied applications for house buying
(like Zillow).

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt