[OSM-talk] Adding architect names to buildings

Matthias Julius lists at julius-net.net
Thu Feb 19 14:21:21 GMT 2009

Elena of Valhalla <elena.valhalla at gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 8:48 PM, Matthias Julius <lists at julius-net.net> wrote:
>> You could create an "architect" relation and have the buildings be
>> members of that.
>
> that looks like a category, not a relation: I was under the impression
> that this use of relations was discouraged.

What is the definition of a category here?

I would call a category something like "buildings that are 29 strories
tall".  An architect I would call an (abstract) object that can have
other attributes as well like a birthdate, an email address and so
on.  (Whether all this belongs into OSM is another debate).

Matthias