[OSM-talk] NGA Country Files Converter into OSM format

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 00:55:28 GMT 2009

Check out Mike Collinson's script
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Ewmjc#Miscellaneous_Offerings

In the Philippines, we are doing incremental import (first town names,
then islands, then mountain peaks, etc).
This way, we can edit the data in manageable chunks.  There are a lot
of errors in location and names, so be careful in importing
everything.
You will get a lot of data, but a whole lot maybe garbage depending on
the area.  Still a very useful resource for developing countries.

cheers,
maning
wiki: http://esambale.wikispaces.com/
blog: http://epsg4253.wordpress.com/