[OSM-talk] Adding architect names to buildings

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Feb 20 01:54:34 GMT 2009

Hi,

Shaun McDonald wrote:
> And if you use a relation, people won't bother searching for the
> relation.

Agreed. Anything that logically is an attribute should also be modelled
as a tag not a relation. Otherwise the next thing is that people say "I
don't want to tag highway=residential because there are so many typos,
let me rather create a relation that contains all residential highways,
that will rule out any problems and make the structure clearer" ;-)

Relations should come into play when things can belong to more than one
group of the same kind; the "architect designs building" role is not
usually one of them, unless you're trying to model collaborations...

Bye
Frederik