[OSM-talk] Adding architect names to buildings

Frankie Roberto frankie at frankieroberto.com
Fri Feb 20 09:34:15 GMT 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 1:54 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

Agreed. Anything that logically is an attribute should also be modelled
> as a tag not a relation. Otherwise the next thing is that people say "I
> don't want to tag highway=residential because there are so many typos,
> let me rather create a relation that contains all residential highways,
> that will rule out any problems and make the structure clearer" ;-)

Cool. As there seems to be a consensus on this now, I've summarised the
discussion at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Key:architect and
moved the page to 'Proposed'/RFC status (and added it to
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features).

If anyone can think of any other comments / objections, add them here or to
the page. Otherwise, I'll move it to a vote sometime next week.

Cheers,

Frankie

--
Frankie Roberto