[OSM-talk] amenity=doctor or amenity=doctors ? [tagging]

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Fri Feb 20 11:01:59 GMT 2009

David wrote:

> It would also discourage the old tag coming back if tiles at home
> were
> changed at the same time. What's the incentive not to use tone
> when if
> you use the other you get to see results?

I just had a quick look at the z17 stylesheet. That seems to use
amenity=doctors throughout *except* for the rendering of house
numbers when it uses amenity=doctor.

If I were amending the stylesheet I'd just be tempted to add support
for either, so if you want to enforce one tag over the other I'm
probably not the best one to ask to make the changes <g>.

(As an example, from when checking whether to use a landuse caption
- only if no other caption exists for an area:
<rule e="way" k="amenity|shop|tourism"
v="pub|cafe|cinema|theatre|school|college|university|restaurant|shel
ter|supermarket|library|fire_station|doctors|pharmacy|place_of_worsh
ip|parking|post_office|hospital|hotel|hostel|camp_site|bank|atm|bus_
station|supermarket|organic|hotel|hostel|camp_site|information" />

It would be so easy just to add |doctor in the list next to |doctors

You could argue deleting the s would be easier still...)

Ed