[OSM-talk] permission to derive from Romanian streetview-alike?

Ciprian Talaba cipriantalaba at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 22:35:48 GMT 2009

Yes, we have permission to derive data from these images. Here is the email
I got from norc:

Dear Ciprian,
> Of course you could freely use our data for all countries we have
> data. We have more than the panorama gps tracks we have continuos gps
> data collection between all
> pano points. The logs are collected at 5Hz using U-blox 4t and 5t in
> UBX raw  mode. We are using high end antennas.
> 70% of our Romanian data is tracked using DGPS corrections with our
> base in Bucharest (ashtech zx12) (we do not have logs from this base).
> Also we are interested to use your data for our project, and in few
> days we will release a version with your data. Here maybe we need some
> guidance of how to handle your copyright.

We also have access to the logs, and I just started to convert them to GPX.
The logs will then be uploaded to OSM tagged with the corresponding city
name. The account will be announced here.

--Ciprian