[OSM-talk] amenity=doctor or amenity=doctors ? [tagging]

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Mon Feb 23 10:26:54 GMT 2009

2009/2/22 Guenther Meyer <d.s.e at sordidmusic.com>:
> Am Sonntag 22 Februar 2009 schrieb Dave Stubbs:
>> You could just /not/ run a bot on it. Seriously, these tag correcting
>> bots can be really annoying. As long as it's documented both ways it
>> can be trivially implemented both ways.
>>
> but why should we use two different tags for the same thing?
> it would be better to consolidate this...

I don't give a monkey's about the tag, I just don't want to see a
proliferation of bots of this kind. There's already of couple of
unilateral bots running, arbitrarily determining which tags you're
allowed to use and it's irritating. Too many more and we'll just be
facing a pile of grey goo.

So my question is this: given that there /are/ two tags in use, why go
to all the effort to change it? Document both and be done with it.

Dave