[OSM-talk] amenity=doctor or amenity=doctors ? [tagging]

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 13:56:24 GMT 2009

>>> document both IS recommend both!
>>>

>> amenity=doctors -> A doctor's surgery. <smaller>Note: people have also
>> used amenity=doctor for this.</smaller>
>>
>> Wow. Hard.
>>

> Hmmm. And that is more helpful for anyone going to use this tag (mapping or
> rendering or ...) than simply saying:
>
> amenity=doctors -> A doctor's surgery.
>
> ?!?
>

> I don't think so ...

If you happen to have found an amenity=doctor tag then sure it is.
Or you want to know why your renderer isn't finding half the doctors in an area.

It's completely pointless if you're running a bot that makes it
virtually impossible to use the tag, but I don't want you to be
running those bots.

Dave