[OSM-talk] amenity=doctor or amenity=doctors ? & other duplicate tags [tagging]

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Tue Feb 24 12:59:55 GMT 2009

> mess for someone who wants to use our data. Can't hear that argument
> 'let the application developers decide what they want' any longer!

Looks like an holy war is gone start. Let's try however to keep it low. But
I'm a part of that war against duplicates tags.

Quoting "Dave" : Handeling duplicates is not complicate, I don't agree.
Handeling one is easy, handeling hundreds become more and more complicate for
nothing.

I can't rembember how many (oneway='yes' or oneway='true' or oneway='1') there
are in the mapnik style's sheets I use.

not talking about tunnel='yes', bridge='yes', and of course the later
amenity='doctor(s)'

Not that this is a enormous deal for developper, but I think it is one more
confusing thing about OSM for begginers.

I'm in favor of disussion, describing only one, removing the others from any
documentation, removing slowly support in renderers and slowly, replace old
values by new values.

--
sly
Sylvain Letuffe liste at letuffe.org