[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - basin=infiltration

Michael quelbs+osm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 09:10:46 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I looked up how to map the German "Regenwassersickerbecken" in the Wiki,
but did not find anything appropriate. So I looked into Wikipedia and
found <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infiltration_basin>. In contrast to
the existing landuse=basin (wich is rendered and listed on the "Map
Features" page but has no own page and no description), the infiltration
basin most times is not filled with water, so the mapping should be
different.
I added a proposal for landuse=infiltration_basin, and the discussion
ended in adding an additional specification of the type of basin by
adding the tag basin=infiltration.
So I modified the proposal to basin=infiltration and open it for voting now.

Please vote for the proposal at
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/basin%3Dinfiltration>

Cheers,
Michael