[OSM-talk] OT: making heat maps and overlaying on OSM data

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Thu Feb 26 22:40:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

I've been asked about representing some data on CO2 emissions at various
coordinates on a heat map of Cambridge. There's also the possibility of doing
this with a web interface, which I thought could just as well be OpenLayers
with the OSM tiles.

Can anyone give me any tips on how to take a simple table of data with a figure
for each coordinate, and turn it into a heat map? At first I thought of
GeoCommons but it seems you can only use pre-processed data with their Maker
tool.

Regards,
Tom