[OSM-talk] oneway yes or true

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Fri Feb 27 15:00:04 GMT 2009

marcus.wolschon wrote:
> Actually it's the other way around.
> We have tens of thousands of mappers
> but are lacking developers on every corner.

Nah. We don't have enough developers on the OSM core site, but that's
immaterial in this context. The ecosystem, however, is thriving. There isn't
a day when I don't see some new program released that uses OSM data.

Yet we still don't have _enough_ mappers. I'm writing this from an only
partly-mapped town. Vast swathes of Britain are still Here Be Dragons and
we're the second most mapped country (by volunteers) in OSM.

cheers
Richard