[OSM-talk] oneway yes or true

marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com marcus.wolschon at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 27 14:49:37 GMT 2009

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 06:40:44 -0800 (PST), Richard Fairhurst
<richard at systemed.net> wrote:
> If we produce a wonderful world map but developers have to jump through a
> few hoops to use it, a) we have a wonderful world map, therefore b)
people
> will - and are doing - produce the tools that jump through the hoops.
>
> If we make it unnecessarily complicated to add data (and that includes
> using
> jargon words like "true" when "yes" is obvious) then we don't get the
> mappers, so we don't get the wonderful world map.

Actually it's the other way around.
We have tens of thousands of mappers
but are lacking developers on every corner.
..and every second mapper is screaming
"then add support for (whatever special case) in The
(Routers|Maps|Whatever)".
(usually without an idea what list of programs is affected)

Marcus