[OSM-talk] oneway yes or true

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Fri Feb 27 15:02:38 GMT 2009

Nic Roets wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net>
wrote:
>> A good general principle: we should always optimise for ease of mapping.
>
> Yes Richard, but some things are best done in the editors. It's
> much easier for editors to highlight obvious mistakes, than it is
> for every single tool out there to support every possible spelling.

Oh, sure, I wouldn't argue with that. Writing better editors is part of
"optimising for ease of mapping".

But Potlatch autocompletes oneway only to yes/no, and from this thread it
seems that JOSM is similar, so in this instance the editors are getting it
right (hey, Potlatch got something right, break out the champagne).

Slightly controversial suggestion: the quickest way to solve this would be
to take "or [oneway]='true'" out of the Mapnik style file. ;)

cheers
Richard