[OSM-talk] License plan

Gustav Foseid gustavf at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 21:03:27 GMT 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 7:00 PM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net>wrote:

> I think it's pretty unarguable that, in the UK, your tracing of the
> Peruvian
> lakes would merit copyright or similar protection (as "sweat-of-the-brow").

Both the UK "sweat-of-the-brow" and the Norwegian (and Dutch?) protection
of  a large number of facts _might_ be invalid after the database directive.
I have seen legal scholars argue that the Norwegian protection of databases,
are stronger than the database directive permits. This has, as far as I
know, never been tested in a court case, and as such does little more than
add tp the confusion surrounding database rights.

  - Gustav