[OSM-talk] ITO animation for 2008

Matt Amos zerebubuth at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 23:35:57 GMT 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 9:30 PM, Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com> wrote:
>> On 2 Jan 2009, at 18:24, Matt Amos wrote:
>>> where did you get the cool music from? its credited to vincent gerès,
>>> but a quick google didn't seem to fetch anything relevant.
>>
>> We got it off Jamendo about 3 years ago for another project and re-
>> used it for this project. I tried to track him down on Jamendo and
>> Google to give him credit without success before Xmas. No idea why.
>>
>> If you want some music then this is a good site:
>> http://www.jamendo.com/en/albums
>
> Is it "Vincent Girès" and not Gerès,
> a belgian artist:
> http://www.jamendo.com/en/artist/silence
> editing under the name "Silence" ?
>
> There is one "Vincent Girès" on Facebook. Not sure if it is the same
> but most probably.

it is indeed. for anyone else interested, i managed to find the track
- it is "open electro" from the eponymous "silence"
(http://www.archive.org/details/silence-silence). the vincent girès on
facebook seems to be the same one as here
http://www.untitledocument.net/about/, but strangely the eponymous
album is not mentioned.

cheers,

matt