[OSM-talk] Temporary Items, overlays, changes

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 22:50:12 GMT 2009

No, don't delete them if they may be of historical value (or if they
come back again).  Tag them with something so they don't show in the
"current day" maps.  We already have historical tagged items - things
that don't currently exist. (US Civil war battlesites, etc).

There is a festival near me that lasts for 1 1/2 weeks each year. Some
people start camping there two-three weeks early to get a good spot.
The rest of the year there is a couple of permanent roads, with a lot
of permanent toilets and not much else, in the middle of some state
forest. I would like to map the site next time it occurs, and then
leave the temporary ways in a disused state, but in the database so
it's easy to turn them on again when they actually exist.