[OSM-talk] OSM-WIKI: reducing redundancy, less redundant and standardized data exchange

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 13:54:40 GMT 2009

2009/1/11 Karl Guggisberg <karl.guggisberg at guggis.ch>:
> Hi Denny
>
> yes, we made some progress, see [1] (there is also another proposal User:Ck3d is actively working on, see [2])
>
> Actually, I'd like to have a semantically enabled copy of OSM available for testing. I got in touch with
> User:Firefishy [3], the OSM wiki admin, but he seems to be offline since ~ two weeks. Meanwhile, other OSM users
> and myself have run some tests in the SMW sandbox [4]. I'd be glad if we had an SMW instance *including* a snapshot
> of the current OSM wiki around for further tests. Any help would be appreciated!
>
> Regards
> Karl
>
> [1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Machine-readable_Map_Feature_list#Using_Semantic_MediaWiki_in_the_future
> [2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Ck3d/Ontology_Proposal
> [3] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Firefishy
> [4] http://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/OSM_Wiki_Sandbox

I've set up a rough and ready SemanticMediaWiki on the dev server,
just because I think it'd be interesting to see what happens.
I've done an import of Map Features and it's dependant templates, but
not done much else more.

I'll hand out sysop rights to the wiki if others want to import some more pages.

http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~edgemaster/semwiki/index.php/Main_Page

--
Regards,
Thomas Wood