[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap Trust

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 03:30:51 GMT 2009

Say I'm monitoring an area for unusual changes. There are people I trust -- people who've been on OSM a while, or OSM newbies I know personally .. perhaps they are marked as friends in osm.org. I don't want to look at every edit. The edits I want to give special attention to are from those users I don't trust.

There are a few nascent and compelling ways to monitor change, none take trust into account http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Change_monitoring

As we scale, I reckon this is the way to manage maintenance on ever growing data. For a map in a place like Gaza it's crucial to monitor change in order for other organizations to trust our map.

Thoughts on incorporating trust in change monitoring tools?

Mikel