[OSM-talk] Upload of relation from JOSM fails

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jan 15 01:18:21 GMT 2009

Hi,

> I downloaded all members in JOSM and saved to a file, and then wrote a
> script that checked that all nodes referenced from ways existed.
> Surprisingly I didn't find any references to non-existent nodes.

I downloaded the relation and saved it to a file. The file had 666
lines. Need I say more ;-)?

Using my "binary search" technique mentioned above, I found that the
relation upload fails as soon as you include way 4258639. It succeeds if
that way is removed from the relation (which I now have done).

After that I tried to analyse what was wrong with way 4258639. Easy: It
has been deleted more than a week ago. I'm surprised you were able to
download the relation in JOSM; it should have been flagged "incomplete".

Bye
Frederik