[OSM-talk] Readme for Potlatch

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 11:53:11 GMT 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM, Gert Gremmen <g.gremmen at cetest.nl> wrote:
> Following the invitations of many of you to contribute in addition
> to criticisms to Potlatch I decided to start with the help pages.
>
> I have added some readme data section to the Potlatch help page, showing
> some
> general concepts of OSM necessary for starting.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Potlatch/readme

Good stuff, and a positive way forward. I see already that there's
other people helping out with the pages you are writing.

In general I encourage everyone where possible to work on improving
existing pages (instead of or in addition to starting new pages). The
art of good documentation writing also involves the (often forgotten)
art of figuring out how to say the same thing more clearly using fewer
words!

Illustrations are also important, and fairly easy to get started with.

Keep up the good work,

Cheers,
Andy