[OSM-talk] Mapnik and piers

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Fri Jan 16 11:05:53 GMT 2009

Where do I post to ask whether Mapnik could render man_made=pier?

I finally got around to checking the tagging to work out why Clacton pier doesn't render on Mapnik (tagged man_made=pier) and Walton pier does (it's not tagged, but the coastline follows the outline of the pier rather than mapping the coastline with the pier sticking out into the sea.

This permalink:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.8156 <http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.8156&lon=1.2137&zoom=13&layers=B000FTF> &lon=1.2137&zoom=13&layers=B000FTF

should probably (unless screen resolution is an issue) have Walton pier in the top right corner and Clacton pier bottom left.

Thanks

Ed