[OSM-talk] Wanted: 64 Garmin data cables

Hugh Barnes list.osm at hughbris.com
Sun Jan 18 12:29:06 GMT 2009

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 11:30:48 +0000
80n <80n80n at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some of you may have noticed that while we have had a donation of 68
> GPS units and assorted cables, it only included 4 Garmin data cables.
>
> For some purposes, such as mapping parties, one data cable can be
> shared between several GPS units.  But for maximum geographical
> distribution we really need a data cable for each GPS unit.  So I'm
> putting out an appeal for anyone who has a spare or unused Garmin
> data cable to donate it to the Foundation.

I noticed this DIY cable mentioned in user CeBe's diary a little while
back:

http://www.jens-seiler.de/etrex/datacable.html

At a pinch, it might get you out of trouble. Or we could make them for
ourselves and send through our official cables ?

Further, maybe Tristan da Cunha could use a unit if they're not all
spoken for:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/%C3%86var%20Arnfj%C3%B6r%C3%B0%20Bjarmason/diary/4525

Cheers