[OSM-talk] OSM-WIKI: reducing redundancy, less redundant and standardized data exchange

Karl Guggisberg karl.guggisberg at guggis.ch
Wed Jan 21 18:12:05 GMT 2009

Hi everybody

Thomas Wood setup a dev snapshot of the OSM wiki and in the meantime we got a working prototype for an OSM wiki supported by Semantic MediaWiki up and running, see [1]. It would decrease the amount of redundant information about map features and it would provide standardized data exchange, see the sample RDF export [2].

I opened a discussion on Talk:Wiki [3] on whether and how this approach could be moved to wiki.openstreetmap.org.

@Yoren, Denny: do you have experience with SMW under load? For a wiki which heavily uses templates, parser functions and inline queries?

-- Karl

[1]  http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~edgemaster/semwiki/index.php/Main_Page
[2]  http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~edgemaster/semwiki/index.php/Main_Page#Sample_RDF_Exports