[OSM-talk] OSM-WIKI: reducing redundancy, less redundant and standardized data exchange

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jan 21 18:54:22 GMT 2009

Hi,

Karl Guggisberg wrote:
> I opened a discussion on Talk:Wiki [3] on whether and how this approach could be moved to wiki.openstreetmap.org.

Well to me it looks as if

http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~edgemaster/semwiki/index.php/Sample_Export_for_Key:highway

is harder to parse than simply parsing Map Features as it is now ;-)

I'm also unsure about additional complexities introduced by the semantic
wiki approach; if that were implemented, would it still be possible for
non-IT people to manage the information - would it still be a true Wiki
in the sense that everyone can edit it?

Bye
Frederik