[OSM-talk] Import populated places from vmap0

Russ Nelson russ at cloudmade.com
Wed Jan 21 19:53:49 GMT 2009

On Jan 21, 2009, at 2:29 PM, Upliner Mikhalych wrote:
  > I have already done test imports with points tagged as villages and
> changed some of them to towns. It will be good to find a better
> solution.

Perfection is not a possibility and shouldn't be the goal.  Usefulness
is definitely the goal.  As OSM becomes more and more useful, more and
more people will pay attention to it, and contribute to it.  Don't
sweat the small stuff like villages and hamlets.  Make the map better,
and as you do, sooner or later, somebody who came from that village
will want it on the map, and will correct it.

Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog - http://wiki.openstreetmap.com/User:RussNelson
russ at cloudmade.com - http://openstreetmap.org/user/RussNelson