[OSM-talk] Import populated places from vmap0

Upliner Mikhalych upliner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 19:29:21 GMT 2009

2009/1/21 20:01 Russ Nelson wrote:
> Surely there is a population database for towns in Russia.
Of course there it is easy to find databases for bigger cities. Full
list of Russian cities with population more than 100 000 is already in
OSM wiki. Things are more difficult with small towns and villages.
Even if I'll find such database there are many towns and villages with
same name.
> You can label the missing ones as "village".  That way they won't render on a large scale map.
I have already done test imports with points tagged as villages and
changed some of them to towns. It will be good to find a better
solution.

Best regards,
Upliner