[OSM-talk] Postal code DB covering Iceland opened to OSM

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 23:45:01 GMT 2009

I'd like to announce that we've been granted permission to use the
postal code database of the national postal service of Iceland
(Íslandspóstur) under an OSM compatible license, I wrote a bit about
this in my diary and there's a corresponding page on the wiki
discussing the dataset:

http://openstreetmap.org/user/%C3%86var%20Arnfj%C3%B6r%C3%B0%20Bjarmason/diary/4851
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Iceland_postal_code_database

Essentially this leaves us the task of writing an importer (and
updater) for the data and the small task of surveying every remaining
street with a postal code. It would be nice to have some help with the
former aspect, perhaps someone has previously written a program for
importing something similar which could be easily altered for this
task.