[OSM-talk] HowTo : Import from .shp (ESRI) (or convert to .osm )

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Fri Jan 23 00:52:26 GMT 2009

El Viernes, 23 de Enero de 2009, Steven Le Roux escribió:
> all the files are .shp .dbf etc... from ESRI software. I can use them
> into QGis, but what are the different ways to convert in a .osm to
> upload with josm for example.
> [...]
> Files are binary files... I could convert to csv, and make a script,
> but I guess there are already solutions being...

I usually run ogr2ogr* to reproject the files and convert them into GML, then
get them through the hack-ish gml2osm which I developed myself. See the Naga
City image of the week in the wiki? Let me have a moment of smugness and say
I had something to do with that.

* Part of gdal-bin, also see fwtools.

gml2osm is a bunch of hacks badly held together, and would need to be
fine-tuned to your data, but have a look at it (get it from the OSM SVN).

Cheers,
--

Proudly running Debian Linux with 2.6.26-1-amd64 kernel, KDE 3.5.10, and PHP
5.2.6-0.1+b1 generating this signature.
Uptime: 01:43:22 up 21 days,  8:24,  2 users,  load average: 2.03, 1.15, 0.95