[OSM-talk] Network Rail UK

AJH list at sylva.icuklive.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 08:22:48 GMT 2009

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 22:59:41 +0000, LeedsTracker wrote:

>The accuracy is OK but I tend to need to nudge them a good few metres
>when surveying.

It's good, the vector files I was directed too, thanks for the
replies, are often better than Google and much is from NPE and I doubt
there have been many additions since 1963!

It's interesting also how the ways are in discrete lengths. I suppose
this is where a relation handy to link them? The thing about the way
network rail visualises its network is it is a line radiating from a
node and everything is measured in miles and chain from the node,
often a London mainline station.

I loaned a visitor to a track my gps and it's interesting to see the,
quite regular, stops when refuge is taken from a passing train.
AJH