[OSM-talk] Network Rail UK

LeedsTracker leedstracker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 22:59:41 GMT 2009

2009/1/21 Kærast <kaerast at newscloud.com>:
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 19:45:22 +0000
> andrew heggie <list at sylva.icuklive.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to derive a vector layer of UK's rail network and
>> would I be allowed to use it to produce reports for my work? If so
>> how because it will save me a lot of tracing!

> There may be usable data available either that I've just not come
> across

Quite a few round Leeds have been traced from landsat and/or NPE maps.
Not sure if that's true of other areas.

The accuracy is OK but I tend to need to nudge them a good few metres
when surveying.

When photo-mapping I tend to take pics from right in the middle of
bridges over trainlines, looking down the track.

cheers,
LT