[OSM-talk] Can not remove a way from a relation

Gerda og Carsten gerdaogcarsten at toensberg.dk
Fri Jan 23 20:49:16 GMT 2009

> > It might be helpful to know what the error is.  The console output of
> > JOSM might be interesting, too.

I have placed Console end error out put here:
http://www.toensberg.homeip.net/osm/RelationProblem/JOSMout.txt
And a bitmap of the dialog I see can be found here:
http://www.toensberg.homeip.net/osm/RelationProblem/JOSM%20dialog.bmp
The text in the dialog is in danish but translates to something like
"Transfer is canceled due to an error (waiting five seconds)412 Precond"

> > You get the error after a fresh download of the relation?  Such a huge
> > relation has a large potential for conflicting edits because many
> > people might want to edit it at the same time.  However, I can't
> > really think of why uploading a new version of a relation could create
> > a conflict for the API.

Yes in order to reprouce the problem I launsh JOSM, load the area from
abookmark, requests a validation selects the way 4596756
removes the relation attribute from the way, accepts the dialog and
Uploads the data to the server.

> > Maybe JOSM runs into a timeout with a large object like this when the
> > server is under load.  Again, what is the error

It seems like the relation have not been modifed since 20th january so
an upload conflict should not be the reason.

ablanisnger