[OSM-talk] Can not remove a way from a relation

Erik Lundin erik.lundin at aol.se
Tue Jan 27 20:46:50 GMT 2009

Hi,

I had a similar problem earlier this month. The correspondence can be
found in the mail archives:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2009-January/thread.html#33157

The problem is that JOSM gets an error while uploading a relation that
references a non-existent way. I wrote a little perl script to find
relations referencing non-existent ways or ways referencing non-existent
nodes. Using the script I found that the relation (21359) contains a
reference to way 8135282, which was deleted on January 5th
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/8135282/history). I tried to
remove the way from the relation, but get the same error while uploading.

Last time it was Frederik Ramm who removed the reference to the
non-existent way
(http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2009-January/033167.html),
so maybe he knows how to do.

Erik