[OSM-talk] 26 languages

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Sat Jan 24 14:02:32 GMT 2009

Ten days ago, I wrote:

> > Wikipedia's article about OpenStreetMap is now available in 26
> > languages. The most recently added is a brief translation in
> > Swahili, the East African language.

After Portuguese and Afrikaans have been added, there are now 28
languages. But of the largest Wikipedia languages, we're still
missing Japanese (5th biggest) and Chinese (12th).  Who can help
with this?

English, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenStreetMap

Japanese, http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenStreetMap

Chinese, http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenStreetMap

Catalan (Wikipedia's 15th largest language), Volapük (19),
Indonesian (25), Hebrew (26), Korean (27), Vietnamese (30),
Serbian (31), Bulgarian (33), and Persian (35).  For comparison,
Swahili is the 89th largest language of Wikipedia, having 8400
articles, http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wikipedias

Careful! Of course you will have to follow the rules of Wikipedia
and prove why this article is needed, relevant, sourced, etc.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)