[OSM-talk] [Tag-Proposal] Freifunk/Mesh nodes + links

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jan 28 23:11:13 GMT 2009

Hi,

Linus Lüssing wrote:
> Tags for a Mesh-Node:
[...]

It seems to me that this might be a little bit too much detail for OSM,
and also something that cannot profit from our "crowdsource" approach
because only the operator and perhaps a few other people can actually
set all these properties.

I suggest that you simply tag an OpenStreetMap node with one tag that
says it is part of the Freifunk network and another that gives it some
Freifunk-internal ID, and this can then be looked up in your own data
base to yield data like antenna characteristics and so on.

OSM would not suffer if you were to enter all the details into our data
base but I don't see much value because, as I said, you don't *want*
everyone to edit this data anyway, do you?

Bye
Frederik