[OSM-talk] Which win CE 5.0 software to use with OSM

Tanveer Singh tanveer1979 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 22:40:03 GMT 2009

I am currently experimenting with noniGPSplot, gosmore etc., and sadly
none of them have been upto the mark.
Osmtracker seems good, but the funny screen size of my unit 480x272 is
a downer, so thats out for now.
Gosmore is working as far as I can tell, but I see no X or car sign on
the screen to show where I am. And lack of documentation does not
help.
That leaves me with commercial stuff like oziexplorer and garmin
mobile XT, but I won't have any routing with those.
Hence the dilemma.
So what do you suggest should get.
My requirements are simple,
So OSM map with road names.
Ability to record tracks, I should be able to stop recording track at
any time, and start recording a new track, so multiple tracklog
support kind of thing. Most of these free softwares record everything
to same track.
Any suggestions or help welcome
Tanveer