[OSM-talk] Wiki: chriscf vandalism

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Sat Jan 31 12:23:18 GMT 2009

2009/1/31 Sven Rautenberg <sven at rtbg.de>:
> Pieren schrieb:
>> The problem here is that Chriscf just wants to avoid that this tag is
>> used by others and never proposed some alternative solutions.
>
> The current voting is 19 yes and 10 no.
>
> If Chriscf cannot convince at least another 10 people to oppose this
> proposal, he must face the fact that he has been overruled.
>
> Chris: Organize more opposition, and nobody will complain about this tag
> being rejected because too many people were against it. But do not put
> your single vote above all others.

I count 4 people on this thread so far who think the tag is just plain
silly. And I met 5 people in the pub a week last wednesday who agree
it's completely stupid. None of them have voted. And I doubt any of
them will as they probably have better things to do, like say,
mapping, than sit around voting on a tag they'll never use because
it's so stupid. Maybe if chriscf learns about proxy voting.

The only problem with this approach is that we just sacrificed the
poor newbies to the people who have nothing better to do, and this
chriscf dude who's clearly not going to win any awards for diplomacy.

Speaking of better things to do, I'm off out now. Expect putney to
have a lot more not-in-map-features highlighting on maplint later
today.

Dave