[OSM-talk] Wiki: chriscf vandalism

Sebastian Hohmann mail at s-hohmann.de
Sat Jan 31 16:52:30 GMT 2009

Nop schrieb:
> - Newbie is enthusiastic, wants to contribute and studies the Wiki
> - After a little mapping, he has an idea, finds the proposal system and
> spends a lot of time working out a nice proposal, discussing and
> refining it
> - Then comes the point he finds out that all this work doesn't mean a damn.

I don't think a well thought-out proposal is wasted time, however he
might be disappointed when he finds out that his accepted proposal does
not mean it will be rendered or even used by other people.

There is definately a discrepancy between how people see OSM e.g. on the
forum and on the mailing lists.