[OSM-talk] The future of bugs in OSM

Gary68 gary at gary68.de
Thu Jul 2 08:52:36 BST 2009

good morning,

i like the idea although i agree with frederik that maybe not everything
can be done inside one application.

a few ideas and facts and thoughts

- today every week i provide ~30.000 bugs for germany. they are only
published on my web, linked in the wiki and occasionally i post to the
forum or the talk-de list
- what i see is that lots of people care for their area. but lots of
bugs are outside their scope. what i want to say is: how do we get
people to repair the other bugs? ok, competition might be one thing. i
also provide lists of similar bugs. so if you are really bored you can
work on them.

- for bugs that are reported again and again... very simple. the new
application should be able to show remarks for spots.

- i would need a possibility to bulk upload my data and i need to be
able to tag the entries. furthermore i need an api call to remove all
bugs tagged with a certain tag. since i will upload a new set of bugs
all week and my bugs don't have ids.

i created a wiki page for "Meta OSB"
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Meta_OSB
( if you want to rename it, please do!)

please add wishes and other things there...

cheers

gerhard
gary68