[OSM-talk] Path to Health/Slí na Sláinte routes

Ken Guest ken at linux.ie
Sun Jul 12 01:56:27 BST 2009

It occurred to me while looking for examples of what constitutes
"Completeness" with regards to the mapping of a town, and also after
checking whether my attempts at marking up a portion of a cycle-route
between Nenagh and Cloughjordan were correct, that there are also
established walking routes in most Irish towns.

I'm referring to the "*Slí na Sláinte" *routes as developed by the Irish
Heart Foundation, which typically range from 3-6 kilometres in length.

So anyway...my questions are:
1//how should these be tagged in OSM
2//Has anyone already started tagging these?

I've read http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Walking_Routes and am slightly
unsure of how to proceed. Tagging highways with lwn_ref values might be the
way to go?

k.

--
http://blogs.linux.ie/kenguest/