[OSM-talk] Karlsruhe schema with address ranges

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Tue Jul 21 09:42:15 BST 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 08:19:25AM +0000, Joe Richards wrote:
> I am tagging some buildings which contain multiple addresses in them, but not interpolated
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.49994&lon=-2.61296&zoom=16&layers=B000FTF
>
> Since the listing of these numbers is long and sloppy, is it possible to use the sub-proposal for ranges (e.g. 37-45) given here:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/House_numbers/Karlsruhe_Schema#Sub-proposal:_ranges_of_numbers_for_individual_nodes

I don't know about those building, but in many cases there are different
entrances for each house number in one large building. In that case I would
suggest you map those entrances as single nodes (all on the way making up
the building outline), each with its house number. This solves the above
problem and as bonus gives better routing to the actual entrance.

Jochen