[OSM-talk] Best-practice-idea traffic_sign

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Thu Jul 30 15:04:25 BST 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:01:09AM +0200, Pieren wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Florian Lohoff<flo at rfc822.org> wrote:
> > I started tagging the sign when i started with maxspeed as it
> > sometimes help the orientation in the data when adding maxspeed.
>
> Could you explain what you mean by "help the orientation in the data"
> ? Do you mean that maxspeed set on the way is not enough ?

You add maxspeed later and know that the speed ends at the city boundarys
its easy to tell where they are - split the way at the sign
and put a city limit on the way within the city ...

The city limit might continue beyond the sign but at least until
the sign you can tell the speed limit.

Flo
Florian Lohoff                                         flo at rfc822.org
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little
          security shall soon have neither - Benjamin Franklin