[OSM-talk] Google StreetView From Bikes

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Fri Jul 31 06:50:36 BST 2009

John Smith wrote:

>> dividing looking with
>>> I think that the difference here is that they make the
>> images available
>>> for others to view. There can be a great difference
>> between taking a
>>> picture of a drunk, and posting the same picture on
>> the web (especially if
>>> you call it 'drunk.jpg').
>
> Apart from broadcasting internationally, the problem is computers generally don't forget. Something that may be socially ok now, might not be in future, or legally even.

But the point I was trying to make was more that of 'We get stopped and told
we have to ask permission' while Goggle stick two fingers up and just carry on
regardless. It is about time there was a level playing field, and just because
one can throw silly amounts of money at a problem to make it go away should
not be acceptable :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL