[OSM-talk] Potlatch and sketching from aerial imagery

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Tue Jun 2 06:37:25 BST 2009

> FWIW I personally think highway=road is not generally of much
> use in 90% of
> cases. Whether you're tracing from Yahoo or NPE or whatever,
> you can very
> often work out what highway value the road should have.

Yes, but if highway=road were in the list, people might read up on
what it meant so that when adding all those country lanes they don't
tag every single one as tertiary so as not to say that they've not
been classified (i.e. they avoid the use of unclassified, rather
than avoid the use of road).

If I get bored at some point I might look at adding it to the
presets if no-one has already.

Ed